Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The little brother




This clock is outside Victoria Station and is called.... Little Ben! It was renovated about 25 years ago, with the assistance of Elf Aquitaine as an gesture of Franco-British friendship. Confusingly, it is set one hour in advance of GMT the whole year round, so for six months of the year.. it is the same time as in France, and for six, the same time as England. It has the insctription on it

"My hands you may retard or may advance

my heart beats true for England as for France."

Another view is on My Other Stuff

posted by Ham at 06:58 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "The little brother"

 

Blogger Jean said ... (07:10) : 

I just love your photographs. I was born in London and they bring back such wonderful memories.

Also, love your write-ups. Keep up the good work.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (15:59) : 

Thanks for that, no.78, all comments much appreciated.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile