Sunday, December 11, 2005

A little known bridge



Today, a view of one of the least known Central London bridges - the Hungerford foot bridge. This is a bridge connecting Charing Cross with the South Bank. The staircases are favorite haunts for buskers - every now and then you'll get a good one. Although it hasn't been as much in the news as its wobbly cousin downstream, it has been longer in the making and is - I think - just as interesting. I would have liked to captur it better in the photos, and I shall carry on trying, because it is .... syncopated. The bits don't happen when you expect them to. I've posted a side view of the bridge on my "My Other Stuff" blog.

posted by Ham at 00:27 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "A little known bridge"

 

Blogger squish said ... (03:38) : 

Yay! Thank you for doing this! My wife and I went to London a few years ago.. Then Paris to get married! We loved London! Long Live London! Thank you! Thank you!!

squish

 

Blogger Ham said ... (15:13) : 

Thanks for your comment, I am enjoying this, it is making me look at things differently.

 

Blogger Christiane said ... (23:05) : 

Absolutely great site . . . the boyfriend and I, our very first date was to London (last year) to see Brian Wilson at the Royal Festival Hall. We stayed rather near to this bridge, so to stumble across it on your site was a pleasure.

Keep the photos coming!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile