Thursday, February 09, 2006

Scoot in for a coffee



You know, Paris may be known for its coffee, and we've also heard that the scooters have invaded, but only in London can you combine the two. Tucked away behind Waterloo Station is Lower Marsh, a short but interesting market where you will find Scooterworks, a unique business with a flavour of the fifties and sixties milk bars. Here you will find intersting scooters and excellent coffee in equal measure.

As ever, over to My Other Stuff for the overflow pics.

posted by Ham at 00:10 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Scoot in for a coffee"

 

Blogger Anne said ... (05:23) : 

Hmm that looks interesting!

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (06:07) : 

One of your best Ham. Even the angle gives it a fifties feel.

 

Blogger Mathieu said ... (08:25) : 

Nice! I love vespa

 

Blogger harveydean said ... (20:43) : 

Ham,

I love it - and I HAVE to go there - which is the nearest Tube - I'll look it up next time I'm in town - great photo (I would've said more '60's than 50's although i could be wrong)

Dean

 

Blogger Ham said ... (16:41) : 

Thanks, folks. Michael, it is 60's but over here "milk bar" phenomena was a 50s/60's thing. Probably like Soda places inthe States, although I'm guessing.

Dean, It's right behind Waterloo station! (on the Westminster bridge side)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile