Friday, March 31, 2006

An Exclusive Arcade



This arcade of exclusvise shops, the Picadilly Arcade leads between Jermyn Street and Picadilly. It lays claim on its website to being "one of the most beautiful and elegant in the world", I'll let you decide. If you are in the area (and most people do go to see Eros in Picadilly circus, 100 yards away, it is definately worth a visit. It is very reminiscent of some of the passages in Paris.

posted by Ham at 00:59 -- Comments here: 11

Comments on "An Exclusive Arcade"

 

Blogger p said ... (06:00) : 

Reminded me of Paris too...

Nice picture - really pulls you in to it!

:)

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (08:54) : 

Hi Ham, this is a beautiful place...like the design...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08) : 

Yes, it's like the Passage Brady here in Paris. But also that great old "shopping mall" in Milano's Galeria.

I did a little piece about a car and van that broke through the floor there: http://www.art-themagazine.com/pages/featur12.htm


MATTHEW ROSE

 

Blogger Ham said ... (12:40) : 

Matthew, I love it! I'll turn your page into a link to make it easier for people to see it here.

 

Blogger Ineke said ... (13:40) : 

Ham, i sure think it's elegant!

 

Blogger Sam said ... (14:51) : 

That is a very chic arcade!

 

Blogger abb said ... (21:52) : 

I've just discovered your blog and fell in love with it immediately. Thanks for bringing London closer to those who can't be there so often!
Anita, Slovenia

 

Blogger Anna said ... (10:52) : 

It reminds me Paris. Very nice. I love this post.

 

Blogger breadchick said ... (01:32) : 

Ham, this is one of my favourite places to shop in London. I bought MBH's best braces at Budd Ltd. Shirtmakers. I haven't been back in several years but thanks for the lovely shot. We always enjoy looking at your pictures of "home".

 

Blogger zdenka pregelj said ... (20:30) : 

Looks so beautiful, and your shot is beautiful too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23) : 

Great one

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile