Monday, March 20, 2006

Londoner's Sunday Afternoon



It was cold and fine today, so I went for a walk in Epping Forest and I thought you might like to see the place that is used as a meeting place by all manner of bikers and scooter riders, just by High Beach. And yes, I'd say this was still London, after all it is inside the M25.

posted by Ham at 00:12 -- Comments here: 10

Comments on "Londoner's Sunday Afternoon"

 

Blogger Denton said ... (02:38) : 

With the price of gasoline continuing to increase the popularity of scooters is increasing in the US.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (03:07) : 

Goodness, scenes like this take me back ... to the late 60's, early 70's when I was a fledgling teenager and all the blokes we knew had scooters. Actually, I love it. It makes me feel young again. :)

 

Blogger Eric said ... (08:10) : 

But Pam you are still young - or so it looks on the photo anyway! (yeah, yeah, I know!)

Ham, is that the British version of easy rider?

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (08:19) : 

Hi Ham, the white one with the lights mount in front is cools.

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (09:52) : 

Those are cool bikes. It wont be long and I will see bikers out here too.

 

Blogger Bob said ... (11:59) : 

Quadrophenia revisted?

 

Blogger Rich said ... (12:28) : 

What has happened to the Mods ?!

 

Blogger Ham said ... (13:51) : 

Denton - so we can expect the first SUV scooter when?

Pamela - are you certain it isn't just looking at the age of some of these guys that makes you feel young?

Eric - this are the really easy riders

lisi - another pic posted to my My Other Stuff

bob - look closely. they've never been away. A bit more like quadraphoic hearing aids, now though

midnitenbara - look forward to seeing the pics

jasp - the rockers ;-) Actually, this always used to be a meeting place, back in the 60's.

 

Blogger Brian DubĂ© said ... (19:59) : 

Great stuff, both photo and writing. Have not been to London yet, unfortunately, but expect to be within the next year or so. Looks a lot like NYC...
L

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (23:48) : 

Where are the leather jackets???

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile