Saturday, April 22, 2006

Coffee, anyone?



Looking at this you could be forgiven for thinking that you were beside a Paris Cafe. Instead, we have just walked up to Sloane Square, and found Cafe Oriel. This very french style Bistro serves excellent coffee (and for that matter, citron presse). Being where it is, you have an eclectic mix of people and you can use it for celebrity spotting if you are so inclined(I'm not).

However, if you want to feel like a real Londoner, make the trek there one Sunday morning and sit with a coffee and cake, reading your paper and watching the world go by.

posted by Ham at 00:40 -- Comments here: 10

Comments on "Coffee, anyone?"

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (05:47) : 

Wow, I had to take a second look at who's blog I was on! I love Sloane Square and this must look very strange with the red (brick?) buildings around.


==========
On a separate, personal note, thank you for what you did. I am truly grateful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (08:10) : 

The link towards Paris does not work ;(

 

Blogger Sam said ... (10:53) : 

That is a nice shot of a lovely cafe!
Been catching up on the pictures and I loved the 'Egyptian trail' wonderful!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (11:45) : 

Hi Ham, sure this reminds me of Eric's cafe chair photo even before reading your caption...

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (15:43) : 

Great shot - it fits into the theme day I want to propose (but don't quite know how to get the word out: shots of your town that look like, or refer to, somewhere else!

 

Blogger Jean said ... (16:33) : 

Thank you! I have put this on my "to do" list.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (16:48) : 

Great place. Nice salads, too, should you want to stay for lunch. No, I am not being paid for advertising. Alas.

 

Blogger HappySlob said ... (17:16) : 

Hey all, and especially Ham of course...

Thanks for this amazing blog. I just found it, and it's absolutely satisfying! I have a WEE bit of an obssession with all things English, and this blog will give me loads of lovely photos to look at and pretend I'm there in London too. hehe (I'm Canadian, by the way.)

Ham, I linked this post in particular to my Coffee Creations blog. Thanks so much for posting it. :)It's lovely.

 

Blogger la femme said ... (19:39) : 

Oh, merci beaucoup! Very, very Parisian. I must get there when in London this summer.

 

Anonymous mulberry outlet said ... (13:50) : 

The link towards Paris does not work
!

Mulberry factory shop

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile