Friday, May 19, 2006

The Thames Walk



Moving out of the Limehouse Basin you come to the Narrow Street Pub which is here, is a top tip. Particularly good over the weekend (it is quiet) it is in easy walking distance from Tower Bridge.

Which is what this trip is all about: The Thames Path. I used to come down this part of the Thames in my first job almost 30 years ago, before it had been regenerated, and look at the empty warehouses and dream about owning one. I thought that becaue they were so derilict, they would be cheap. They were, then. I thought I would re-trace my steps.

This is the view.

posted by Ham at 00:11 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "The Thames Walk"

 

Blogger ems said ... (20:13) : 

Narrow Street pub used to be the Barley Mow. Had one of the worst meals of my life there a few years ago. Much improved - very busy when the sun is shining, especially Bank Holidays.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (23:17) : 

ems - I was getting a little bored with this them, otherwise I would have stopped at the Prospect of Whitby, my own fave.

 

Blogger ems said ... (18:27) : 

Prospect is good as is the Captain Kidd further round the bend.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile