Thursday, June 15, 2006

Another Good Guy



Yesterday, I mentioned Lord Shaftsbury, today meet William Booth, the founder of the Salvation Army. Curously, Shaftsbury hated him and labelled him the Anti-Christ, because Booth came to believe that women could preach as well as men (his wife convinced him of that!). This statue is in whitechapel Road, close by the mission.

The Salvation Army is now worldwide and continues to provide support for those without homes or hope.

posted by Ham at 00:43 -- Comments here: 4

Comments on "Another Good Guy"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19) : 

Excellent... he looks just as he should. Or as I imagined he would anyway.

 

Blogger Ineke said ... (12:49) : 

without homes or hope. Well put!

 

Blogger Chandra said ... (15:00) : 

Excellent blog! I stumbled upon it from the Fodor's forum (the thread about Fish and Chips). I love all the photos and stories. Almost inspires me to do the same for Austin, TX, USA....but not quite :)

 

Blogger Chandra said ... (15:08) : 

Oops, just scrolled down and found the Austin, TX link. I should have known someone would have had the idea well before me!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile