Saturday, June 17, 2006

Patricia Roberts



Do you knit? If you don't - don't switch off! Beacause these garments are in Patricia Roberts shop, in Knightsbridge. She creates the most exquisite garments in wool and her patterns are pure engineering; it was probably that factor that got me started as a knitter in the early eighties. The way the knitting process turns the 1-dimensional wool into a 2-dimensional fabric, and then magically into a structured, 3-d garment is a mathematical joy to behold. Two more pictures here and here.

posted by Ham at 01:25 -- Comments here: 6

Comments on "Patricia Roberts"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (02:07) : 

I'll bet knitting would be very calming. I might take it up.

 

Blogger Deetsa said ... (07:16) : 

I probably would like it but never had anyone to teach me. When I did try I was always making to tight a knit.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (12:19) : 

I know how to knit but am not good at sewing the pieces together...therefore I'm quite good at knitting scarves ;-)

 

Blogger Dawn said ... (16:28) : 

I like knitting, but these look very difficult to knit. The colours are beautiful

 

Blogger Marie McC said ... (00:58) : 

I don't knit, but I crochet so I can relate. It's not a mathematical joy for me but rather a tactile joy, for the feel of the yarn, and a visual joy for the intricate patterns one can crochet to create a wearable piece of art.

 

Blogger Sally said ... (05:31) : 

My mum was agreat knitter and used to knit for Paton's pattern books. She taught me to knit and in the past I have made various things. But unfortunately time doesn't allow much anymore. The computer seems to absorb that time instead :-((

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile