Sunday, July 02, 2006

Claridges Hotel



If you stay in Claridges Hotel (one of the poshest) you can get a cheerful dorman to call a cab for you, while you chat.

posted by Ham at 00:30 -- Comments here: 6

Comments on "Claridges Hotel"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (09:14) : 

the richer you get the lazier you become, huh?
I like the little hat! ;-) Must be a very patient man...

 

Blogger Jazzy said ... (10:02) : 

I like the uniform, I wander is it too hot for him to wear it during the summer when the temperatures are high.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (13:00) : 

Hmm he actually doesn't look very chearful to me!

 

Blogger Ham said ... (13:09) : 

Celine - I htink you've hit it on the head!

Jazzy - yes, they have to wear it, whatever the weather.

Anne - that's kind of why I used this pic!

 

Blogger ems said ... (20:12) : 

I love the idea of the old, well established hotels but I couldn't cope with the required levels of subservience. I do have a certain amount of admiration for the patience of many of the workers- but then do they have a choice? The world may not be their oyster.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (00:37) : 

ems - I'm generally with you disliking servility, and I think we British are particularly bad, which is why all our good waiters (ok, almost) come from the continent.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile