Friday, August 25, 2006

London City Life



New York has its Brownstones, Paris has its lofts. And London? A random collection of buildings thrown up haphazardly over the last three hundred years. I do love 'em, all the same.

posted by Ham at 12:18 -- Comments here: 6

Comments on "London City Life"

 

Blogger Jean said ... (07:27) : 

I love the "over the last three hundred years". Also love the high ceilings, real bricks and high windows.

 

Blogger Oleanderman said ... (08:33) : 

A slice of life - nice capture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (13:35) : 

Great commentary Ham! These are the little things everyone love about their cities :)

 

Blogger Ryan said ... (15:31) : 

I love them too. It adds its own special character.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (23:28) : 

could be NY! I remember my grandmother hanging out the window like that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (14:51) : 

I love London because you can do anything there....and get anything there. If you can't get it in London, it can't be got.
I love the randomness of London, like you could see a guy walk down the street dressed as Scooby Doo.....and who cares? I love that the seasons are so distinct in London....I love Richmond Park......I love Wimbledon village.......I love Covent Garden.......I love Oxford Street.......I love even huge Limousine London vehicles..I love that in London, you are anonymous.......and can just wander your way about the streets taking it all in with no one to bother you. I especially love a ride home in a black cab along the embankment.......
And what kind of city is London without such wonderful usual buildings, but
at the same time conceal a whole history?

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile