Monday, December 11, 2006

Burnham Wood



Macbeth shall never vanquish'd be until
Great Birnam wood to high Dunsinane hill
Shall come against him.

Macbeth, Act 4 Scene 1

Don't worry - this is not really a wood, it's some Christmas trees on sale in Colombia Road market. So what do you do when you want a BIG tree and you have a BIG car but a SMALL boot? Click here to find out. You just couldn't make it up.

I'll come back to Columbia Road Market tomorrow.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 13

Comments on "Burnham Wood"

 

Blogger lavender said ... (23:45) : 

Looking in regularly! You are invited to comment on my 100th post , if you wish.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (00:19) : 

I like very mutch your texts.
Let me share a phtoto day I lived in london www.london-photo.org

Joao Martinho Moura

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (00:19) : 

I like very mutch your texts.
Let me share a phtoto day I lived in london www.london-photo.org

Joao Martinho Moura

 

Blogger Sally said ... (01:18) : 

LOL! Sometimes Christmas shopping is as menacing as events in Macbeth!

 

Blogger Lulu said ... (03:18) : 

love the trees..

 

Blogger Jing said ... (05:13) : 

very nice comments :))
and i like the upper of this photo.
and interesting to find some faces just very left side.

jing
shanghai daily photo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (07:48) : 

When do you carry Christmas tree into
the homes, before Christmas or just in Christmas Eve?
Nice time to you and your family!

 

Blogger Kate said ... (11:48) : 

You are a very clever fellow, Ham. Don't think I'll ever pass a Christmas tree lot in the future without thinking of both you and the quote!!

 

Blogger ems said ... (18:59) : 

I buy my Christmas tree from Columbia Road but it'll be considerably smaller than the one sticking out the Jag. I have a couple of similar photos from last year - a jeep with the tree sticking through the sunroof...

 

Blogger jonemo said ... (00:06) : 

Hi, I only recently realized that someone else had the idea of posting a daily London photo before me. But London is worth more than one daily photo blog anyway! I hope you enjoy my pictures as much as I enjoy yours,
jonemo

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (00:20) : 

Hilarious. This month i had some help with my tree but usually it's a lone fight, worthy of a medal, as i drag the thing into my sitting room. Last year, after doing it the tree, which was far too big for the room, collapsed on the floor pinning me underneath. Not a good experience. That said, you've got to have one haven't you and real is best.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (00:21) : 

This month? this year i meant... i'm tired.

 

Blogger Gerald (SK14) said ... (08:36) : 

At Hyde Daily Photo today (12th Dec) I've just posted a picture of a Christmas Tree and have included a link to your tree picture.

Merry Christmas.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile