Saturday, January 06, 2007

Bye Bye Santa



Today is the Feast of Epiphany, ignored in England but quite a big day in a lot of other countries. I confess I don't know much about it, but you do say goodbye to Christmas for another year. Sorry for the camera shake, but when I saw Santa riding down Curzon Street I had to grab the shot.

posted by Ham at 00:18 -- Comments here: 8

Comments on "Bye Bye Santa"

 

Blogger Carol E. said ... (02:16) : 

Sometimes the shots are just too good to NOT use, even though they're a little shakey. This is one of those.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (04:10) : 

ya, i know what you mean. sometimes you just got to snap it as quickly as possible! hehe..

 

Blogger Ame said ... (04:13) : 

OH HAM! This one's absolutely hilarious....and one-of-a-KIND! HEY! Mark your calendar...Hubby and I are seriously trying to plan our Spring Break vacation to London...would love you to show us your fave place for some chow and/or a pint! ;) Gonna try to get together with as many of my blog pals as possible...Lynn...Dive...You...Mark...would be a BLAST!!! =)

 

Blogger Louise Starkey said ... (07:35) : 

Brilliant shot. He must have lost the reindeer somewhere.

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (09:25) : 

I had no idea about this, but love the Santa riding off from the Harrod's sales into the "sunset".

Ham, I also wanted to let you know that I voted for both Paris and London Daily Photo blogs in the
2007 Bloggies Awards ! Good luck!

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (11:43) : 

he he love it! What a great opportunity to see Santa on his way after his busy time, you lucky Ham you.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (11:45) : 

can't wait, Ame. Hope we can organise this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (03:21) : 

Ham---I don't know why, but this is my very favorite picture of the whole year. I never pictured Santa leaving town quite like that. I love your site---thank you for many moments of enjoyment.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile