Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Virtual Insanity



Private Eye is a satirical magazine that carries a mix of cutting edge journalism and very, very funny bits. A regular feature is "Solutions" - reader submissions of euphemisms or newspeak descriptions of businesses. When I saw this on a door in Jermyn Street, it took me a couple of seconds before I realised that a virtual reception was an entryphone. It amused me.

posted by Ham at 00:59 -- Comments here: 7

Comments on "Virtual Insanity"

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (09:57) : 

lol! I've thought this for a long time. Typically examples have all gone out of my head right now, but i will be back when they pop back in. Love Private Eye.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (10:47) : 

Sanitation engineer for refuse collection = dustman

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (13:41) : 

Here's a topical one: In Celebrity Big Brother; young girls bullying another woman because they are jealous of her veritable natural beauty inside and out, her intelligence and grace = racial abuse. ??

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (13:43) : 

Just in case it's lost on some, surely it's a case of abuse/bullying, that's not in dispute. The young girls are being really nasty to her, but there's nothing racial about it.

 

Blogger Gerald (SK14) said ... (14:36) : 

Don't know what on earth lynn is going on about -- quite forgot what my comment was going to be -- oh yes -- faced with such a faceless entrance I'd be tempted to try somewhere else, but if that weren't an option would have to put up with it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (00:09) : 

How interesting. There is Private Eye and London Eye. Both means different things haha.. I linked my post to your London Eye post today :)

 

Blogger The Wellspring said ... (04:07) : 

This seems rather Space Age - is it common there? I think not based on your written comments.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile