Saturday, February 10, 2007

Architectural Detail



I've focussed in on an architectural detail: it won't be obvious to anyone what it is. Here is the whole building, which comes across as just another modern steel and glass office block, the photo is of the facing panels. However, these panels are natural Welsh slate. I'm not quite convinced by the execution, but I love the idea of the synthesis of man made and natural substances, and I love the pattern it makes, too.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 8

Comments on "Architectural Detail"

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (23:04) : 

Great, Ham, i like this effect and London Calling is a favourite of mine.

 

Blogger Kate said ... (03:37) : 

Actually, Ham, the building itself is quite unusual. I love the details in the close-up!

 

Blogger Chuckeroon said ... (10:15) : 

Tks for this one Ham. Really appreciated it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48) : 

Oooo, you can never hear London Calling too many times.

Nice slate too :)

 

Blogger Irredento Urbanita said ... (14:25) : 

February 14th? well, I can see that for this photo you used you zoom

 

Blogger Ham said ... (15:26) : 

Irredento - I said yesterday I wanted to look forward ...... (fixed now)

 

Blogger Victoria said ... (17:12) : 

Ooh, neat detail and a great shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (17:14) : 

It is sad that I took one look at it and thought, "louvers on a window." I'm an architect, so I guess that would be cheating.

...visiting by way of Blue Sloth.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile