Sunday, February 11, 2007

Light in my darkness




Theoretically, tonight was a night of "Swtiched on London" - an extraveganza of light and design. But, when I turned up the only thing I found was hordes of bemused photographers, milling around with tripods in their hands and lost looks on their faces.

So we had to make our own entertainment, I took some photos (surprise). I was quite pleased with one or two, so I'll bring them to you over the next few days. Today's is of HMS Belfast, with their normal illumination. I think I managed to capture the light quite well - you may need the bigger version to see it properly.

posted by Ham at 00:12 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Light in my darkness"

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (10:42) : 

This looks quite magical Ham. What a pity no-one turned up. What was supposed to happen exactly? Parties full of switched on people dancing the night away and smalltalking on topics of light and design i imagine. Instead there were Nikons, Canons & the odd Hasselblad outflashing each other. You all must have felt odd but the result is very good. Event organising obviously not their thing then.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (09:40) : 

Switched on London has not been terribly well advertised. I spent some time wondering about the lights on HMS Belfast but, in the end, decided that it looked so wonderful, who cares what it was for. Thank you for elucidating it.

 

Blogger Matthieu said ... (11:14) : 

My comment is composed of contrasts, as I suggest to have a look at this post of a French submarine (not a frigate) taken daily (not at night).

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile