Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Local Politics



Forget election frenzy, local politics is all about people who care sufficiently to get involved because they want to make a difference. It doesn't matter which party - left, right, centre. No glory, just hard work. Would you give up your Saturday morning to stand around to listen to people who want to complain?

(Which is what this chap is doign for the Labour party. I should point out that I think all the political parties are as bad as each other. Odd how they (politicians) always start out as people that care. Maybe they still do.)

Yes, we are still in Marchmont Street. I hope that this small photographic slice over the last three days (shot in a random ten minute session) gives you a small flavour of what the area is like

posted by Ham at 00:11 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Local Politics"

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (09:15) : 

Indeed, these people are deserving of admiration for sure. Answer to your Q: no i wouldn't. There. Not for that.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (12:46) : 

Can't tempt you then Ham, Spanish des res, good nick, all mod cons, pucker views, for all that it's cheap as chips! Caam on, roll up, gecha property bargains over at Cheltenham!

oooh dear i do apologise Ham, don't know what came over me there. Actually it was your photo, his table and everything, thought i'd better set out my stall...

 

Blogger Olive said ... (13:01) : 

The people who stop by at these booths are the ones that really amaze me. I’ve stood at booths for different political parties in Canada (more for than money than the morals)… But on average only one or two people come and talk to us and ask questions (I’m not including the people who just start yelling at you).
By the way, it’s my first time posting a comment but I have this blog on my google page, absolutely LOVE it!

 

Blogger Chuckeroon said ... (15:18) : 

Ham, you old cynic. Don't believe you!

 

Blogger julia said ... (00:03) : 

Topical subject for me, as well, with elections in the air, ours is almost a swinging seat now - truly amazing change. It's good that you choose glimpses of the city and dont stray too far - well, as far as CDP is concerned!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile