Friday, August 10, 2007

Layers of Street Art

Shot with Olympus E500
When I came across this, the first thing to catch my eye was the "Faile Collective" picture, followed by the straight graffiti that had me reaching for the Internet to find out what it meant. Then I looked and saw the red heart, almost like a critical evaluation of the scene, and then the tag. But then I looked at the paint itself, and saw the way it is peeling: the depth of layers, colours and the overall effect. You could write a thesis on this wall on its own.

See where on London Dailyo Photo Map

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 6

Comments on "Layers of Street Art"

 

Blogger Chaz said ... (09:38) : 

I thought it said 'My Wife Is A Drunk' but the author had misjudged the D of Drunk. A hazard inherent in writing on a vertical surface...

 

Blogger Helen said ... (09:51) : 

A thesis about the wall? I am sure someone has done it already and a few others have started.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (12:54) : 

hmm wonder what a Prunk actually is? Probably a fine upstanding woman who wishes she hadn't married a graffitist...

 

Blogger Ann (MobayDP) said ... (16:34) : 

Well all I can say is that those definitions of "Prunk" are quite interesting. The second one in particular made me go :-o

 

Blogger Ham said ... (23:35) : 

Hey Chaz, that would probably make more sense!

Helen, all in all, it's just another brick in the wall

lynn, no excuse not to be shocked, follow the link

ann, I suspect that people make up a lot of hte definitions in the urban dictionary. If not, I hav eled an extraordinary sheltered life

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (23:10) : 

I wonder if a prunk is an upper class punk?

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile