Thursday, September 27, 2007

London's Morning - No.1

Shot with Olympus E510
Face east and see the morning ready itself for the world. The puppets have stationed themselves against the backcloth, ready for their building games. The world is getting ready, and London holds its breath.

----

A few days ago, I got up at five o'clock on Saturday morning to take photos of the London skyline as the sun came up. As I am on holiday for the next week, I thought I'd show them to you, a subtly different one each day.

The morning is a fantastic time in London, the day is fresh and full of hope. You watch the quality of light change by the second.

I hope you enjoy these pictures, don't forget as with any of them, you have to click to see the larger picture as intended. I may be able to log in, but I'll see you all on the 4th.

posted by Ham at 00:11 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "London's Morning - No.1"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (08:13) : 

Pretty city we live in.

A sunrise is always more interesting with a decent skyline.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42) : 

I am up every day between 4 and 5 a.m. The best time of any day is when you are alone. I think.

Nice scene you have photographed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57) : 

Love the photo. The silhouettes of St Pauls and The Gherkin are great.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (18:29) : 

That's a stunningly romantic photo Ham.

 

Blogger jbworks said ... (22:00) : 

superb image .. and delightfully different for London ... brings back great memories of our numerous visits ... cheers Jeremy , Wellington, NZ

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile