Friday, September 21, 2007

Step Back in Time

Shot with Olympus E510
This week, The Way We See It took me to Crown Passage, a tiny backstreet in St James, close to Clarence House. With a pub, some restaurants and a greasy spoon it's just the sort of place you could imagine Prince Charles sneaking out to buy a bacon butty. And even if he can't he probably dreams of it.

In this narrow alley, Lock & Co, hatters for 330 years, have this shop window that seems from a different age.

posted by Ham at 00:57 -- Comments here: 6

Comments on "Step Back in Time"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (07:54) : 

Excellent and, as my dad always says, "If you want to get ahead, get a hat!"

 

Blogger duopastorale said ... (13:58) : 

Nice B&W touch.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (01:39) : 

This is my first comment but I visit your blog on a regular basis. It is one of my favorites!

What a lovely picture. Do you sell prints?

Thanks for this blog.

 

Blogger ems said ... (16:30) : 

I love London's alleys and passages - and it's not a bad pub either!

 

Blogger Ham said ... (09:15) : 

Thanks all. Amy Beth - I intend to very soon, and at least 50% of the proceeds will be for a breast cancer charity. Keep an eye on my sidebar.

 

Blogger Cinderelen said ... (14:29) : 

You have the most wonderful photos I have ever seen. And I mean it. My dream is to travel all over the world and London will be my first destination.
Your blog is so nice and... perfect!

Byes :)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile