Sunday, October 14, 2007

Celebreate, me?

Shot with Olympus E510
Today two things happened. For the first, I went to the London Cycle Show and England beat France in the Rugby, and this photo combines them both. The car is one of the 1952 Tour de France team cars - I reckon the bikes could probably go faster back then. And my commiserations to the French, it must be a disappointment.

A video of some amazing exhibition cycling is here, 2nd bit here

posted by Ham at 01:36 -- Comments here: 7

Comments on "Celebreate, me?"

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (02:21) : 

Really great photo Ham. Very apt. Yay! We won! Okay sorry i can't be more restrained but hey we won!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (20:01) : 

Love that car! Is it a 50's car?

joy
Norwich Daily Photo

 

Blogger Ham said ... (21:20) : 

Lynn, we did, didn't we? :-)

Joy, it's a Citroen Traction Avant which started off in the 30's as the world's first front wheel drive mass production car, and was still being made in the late 50's

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (22:54) : 

Goodness, Ham, South Africa on Sat. Yikes. Eek?

 

Blogger Kerry-Anne said ... (10:28) : 

Ah, Lynn, good to see you're displaying a suitable degree of blind terror there. Did you see how the Argentineans were crying with fear before the match last night? :) Those men of ours are not actually men... see what I mean here: http://tinyurl.com/2pj4wv

Can't wait - let's hope it's a really awesome game.

 

Blogger RAINY CONVERSATION said ... (04:27) : 

She's a girl.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (18:54) : 

As you know I'm a big TDF fan, so this pice of history warmed the cockles. I posted a photo of a similar "avant" a while ago.

Thanks a lot for the extended commentary on "what do you think" - I had actually intended it as a skit on photo critics, but the commentary was very welcome. I've made a bit of an effort to reply

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile