Thursday, October 25, 2007

Wine, Wine, Wine

Shot with Olympus E510
England has always been at the forefront of wine trading, and london is its heart. The reason for this is that (you may not have noticed but) we haven't had the weather for growing grapes and yet we like wine. So, we have been able to source the best wine from all over the world, without any patriotic bias.

One of the most interesting places to find out about and buuy wine is Vinopolis, by the Thames on the South Bank.


I am away on holiday so will be unable to respond until the 27th October. Usual magic keeps things appearing each day.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 4

Comments on "Wine, Wine, Wine"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (03:36) : 

When I lived in Southwark I used to enjoy walking Vinopolis. It's got a 19th Century vibe, especially the eponymous "Clink.". In reality it's probably as gentrified as Kensington, but the atmosphere let's you make believe there could be danger lurking just around the corner.

I've even walked through when I didn't want to wait for a late bus, and still felt comfortable. Of course, I'm 6 foot 3, 100 Kilos (15 stone 10, if we're going to play 19th Century), so your mileage may vary.

The one thing the (imediate) area could use, paradoxically, is a good pub. Sometimes you just feel like a pint of bitter.

 

Blogger Neva said ... (03:58) : 

This is very cute!!

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (15:30) : 

Fantastic pic. There's something Eric-like about it Ham.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (00:25) : 

Imajoebob - I'm with you there, and I can confirm that there are some decent pubs in the vicinity. The beauty of the search is that you can at least have fun kissing the frogs.

lynn - thanks, I think ;-)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile