Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Queen Elizabeth's Hunting Lodge

Shot with Olympus E500
I've been wondering what to do with this photo for months now. Trouble is, the building is not very photogenic and its history - which is fascinating - is rather long winded and unsuited for my format. I was reluctant to abandon it because I like showing stuff outside of central London.

But now I have the perfect solution. Here is my best, moody, shot of the exterior, and here is a potted history, well reported (thanks, DG!).

See where on the London Daily Photo Map

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "Queen Elizabeth's Hunting Lodge"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44) : 

I like the chimney which looks to have been built for a fireplace. I wonder if they still use wood for fires or do they use natural or bottled gas these days?

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile