Sunday, February 24, 2008

Getting Away From It All

Shot with Olympus E510

Well hello, I'm back.

Getting away from it all is part of what living in London is all about. Over the last week Mrs Ham and I have been doing just that - in the Lake District and also in one of the UK's best kept secrets, the Forest of Bowland. The equal of any region for beauty, it has one great thing to be said for it - astonishingly few tourists. Walking in the Lake District, everywhere we went we were almost trampled by the hordes walking the same paths. In the Forest of Bowland, we saw three other walkers in two day's walking.

We stayed at the Red Pump Inn, and its welcoming fire is today's image. I would thoroughly recommend them - excellent food and comfortable rooms. You'd have to go a long way to find better.

Two other images are here and here.

posted by Ham at 01:56 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "Getting Away From It All"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40) : 

Well, I am really impressed with your whereabouts. Especially the Forest of Bowland. At least they have things to see there that I would enjoy visiting. The link to the Lake District was not so impressive as the Forest of Bowland link. I downloaded one or two of the brochures and was impressed with them.

I like that roaring fire photograph too.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile