Saturday, February 09, 2008

Greenwich Foot Tunnel

Shot with Olympus E510
Here's the view inside the Greenwich Foot Tunnel, looking much as it has done 24 hours a day for the last 100 years.

You will all be familiar with research - that process where you read someone else's writing and then pass it off as your own. The Greenwich Phantom is the obvious source for all things Greenwich, but this time instead of plucking highlights, let me urge you to research their tunnel scientific experimentation, and the tunnel information is good, too.

See where on the London Daily Photo Map

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 4

Comments on "Greenwich Foot Tunnel"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (18:32) : 

Hi Ham--Just wanted to say thanks for all your diligent posting. I live in Texas but write books set in the UK, particularly London, and I especially liked today's post as I used the Greenwich Foot Tunnel for several scenes in one of my novels.

I've added a link on my blog to London Daily Photo, as I thought my readers would enjoy it as much as I do.

 

Blogger Deb said ... (18:43) : 

Sorry, didn't manage to include the link to my blog. Here it is:
http://www.deborahcrombie.com/wordpress/index.php

 

Blogger Kim said ... (19:07) : 

Ham, sorry to post a comment to the "old Blogger comments" but I couldn't see any link for any other new comments.

Your remark about research gave me pause. . .

I love this image and I have childhood impressions of walking through a similar corridor on a military base. In adult life I've been in underground passages like this in hospital complexes. I think these were the only option before pedestrian sky bridges between buildings. Great post.
-Kim

 

Blogger Ham said ... (08:29) : 

deb - you're welcome - can I borrow your dogs ? ;-)

And Kim, I'm resigned to the both running. Haloscan is better IMO, and the ratings are fun

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile