Monday, March 10, 2008

The Balkan Question

Shot with Olympus E510
This Sunday, Trafalgar Square was awash with happy Kosovans, pleased with their independence. I wish them well, I really do, but I'm afraid that I think that if history has taught us anything, it is that for every one person made happy in the Balkans, there are two made unhappy.I don't know the answer - I don't even know the question. If you have a spare hour or three, a summary of the Balkan's history is here.

I came away with quite a few shots that I quite like, such as this. If you were there and a guy in a red cycling helmet and yellow jacket took a photo of you, feel free to get in touch for a copy of the picture.

Labels: , ,

posted by Ham at 00:59 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "The Balkan Question"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48) : 

She seems to be happy and contented. Nice photograph.

 

Blogger Chuck Pefley said ... (20:13) : 

Hard questions with answers harder to come by. Is that the Kosavan flag spread out in the background? She looks so young and innocent ... but of course she is and SHE is what this is really all about.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile