Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Who's stolen the bridge?

Shot with Olympus E510
These pillars are what remains of a bridge for the London, Chatham and Dover Railway. From what I can make out, it was only built in the 1850's, was used for about 15 years before it was closed as it couldn't carry the weight of the "modern" trains. A common sight to a lot of Londoner's this perspective is what you can see from the north bank - the one less frequented.

Labels: , ,

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "Who's stolen the bridge?"

 

Blogger Knoxville Girl said ... (01:29) : 

Oh, I remember this from my trip to London a few years back. I also wondered where's the rest of the bridge. I like the perspective on your shot - just draws my eye to the other bank.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile