Thursday, June 26, 2008

I promised this....

Shot with Olympus E520
I do keep my promises .... eventually. It seems it was over two years ago that I promised a picture of Chelsea Pensioners in their red uniforms. Well, here they are.

The Chelsea Pensioners, or "In Pensioners" in full because they "live in", are expected to wear these scarlet uniforms when they are around and about. Right here they are mingling with the crowds in Trafalgar Square and having a great time chatting to everyone. The Royal Hospital was founded in 1682 by King Charles II and intended for the 'succour and relief of veterans broken by age and war'. You can find out more about them and hear the personal reflections of some of the pensioners here.

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:09 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "I promised this...."

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile