Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Museum of Docklands

Shot with Olympus E520
This last weekend, the Museum of Docklands was celebrating its fifth birthday, and there were quite a lot of things going on, including free admission. I've long been interested to see it, but as a cheapskate that thinks museums should be free, I had to avail myself of this opportunity. (Normal admission is £5, valid for a year)

The story of the Thames and Docklands IS the story of London, and I'm pleased to report that this museum does it justice. These people are examining a model of the old London Bridge, crafted in amazing detail, including skulls on spikes. There is a lot to see in the museum, for all ages, and they cover a range of subjects interestingly and engagingly. So much so, I may well feature another aspect in coming days.

See where on the London Daily Photo Map

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:43 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "The Museum of Docklands"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (13:50) : 

I was never able to see the skulls on spikes but I did enjoy reading your post this morning.

Abraham Lincoln
—Brookville Daily Photo

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile