Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Looking down on a jungle ... the Barbican ?!?!

Shot with Olympus E520
Just back off holiday, but haven't caught up with myself yet.

I think I am divulging one of London's best kept secrets today - the conservatory garden at the Barbican. You can see the 10 meter tall bamboo ( a variegated Phyllostachys) from outside the Silk Street entrance, but you probably wouldn't realise that it was part of rambling conservatory garden with around 2,000 varieties of plants. Or, that you can wander in and around there on a Sunday (or on any other day when they are preparing the conservatory room for a function, if you ask the gardeners nicely enough). Even if you aren't that interested in green growing things, may I recommend that you have a look one day, if you can? If you don't like it, I'll give you your money back (it's free).

Singularly difficult to capture the lushness in a photograph, this is my best effort.

Labels:

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Looking down on a jungle ... the Barbican ?!?!"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile