Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jose Parla

Shot with Olympus E520
I said a couple of days ago that Josie Firmin pointed me to two London things, the second was a gallery, Elms Lester, hidden behind London's Tin Pan Alley in Denmark Street. There, I discovered Jose Parla, an artist who is a catalyst, fusing street art into the viewer's psyche. He was holding a signing - every person got their own artwork inside the book.

This painting is titled "Hackney Canal". Whatever you may think about the photographic representation of art, I can tell you that his work has a vibrancy in real life that no photograph can capture.

Read the artist's statement here.

Labels:

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "Jose Parla"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17) : 

Galleries are fascinating places. I used to visit a lot of painting and sculpture galleries from those in Washington, D.C. to those in nearby Home of Aviation, Dayton, Ohio. And museums as well. But I have yet to visit a photo gallery anywhere.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile