Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wick Week - Day 1

Shot with Olympus E520
I'm away on holiday, and while I'm away, Wick Week (or thereabouts) will be playing here on London Daily Photo. When I was at the Hackney Wick Festival I went on a "Beating the Bounds" walk organised by The Hackney Society. This was a walk around the Marshes and the Wick with a storyteller, discovering all manner of things and bits of history about a fairly nondescript piece of London. Nondescript, but the focus of attention as the Olympics are right here in 2012. I had my camera with me (surprise!) so you can come, too.

This is the Tree Nursery, where we started I didn't realise that young trees could be that dangerous, as they obviously have to be fenced in. More on this place tomorrow.

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "Wick Week - Day 1"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (00:33) : 

I wonder what this tree is? I had a Washington Hawthorne once and left it grow for several years. A beautiful tree with berries and thorns so long I was afraid that the neighbors kids would climb around and fall into it so we had it taken down. I hate to do that but it was the best solution.

 

Blogger Mike said ... (02:05) : 

Hello from New York! That looks like an oak tree. Very nice shot.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile