Monday, January 19, 2009

Mine's still a pint, thanks

Shot with Olympus E520
London's pubs have gone through an immeasurable improvement since I last took a photograph. Then, I would have bought my drink and then moved outside. The Nightingale - great pub though it is - is rather small and before the smoking ban In July 2007, was close to unbearable inside from the smoke. Now, inside the pub is a great place to be; the outsides in summer are less than perfect but I'll choose this way every time. The relaxed atmosphere in this shot says what it's all about, for me.

Labels:

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "Mine's still a pint, thanks"

 

Blogger mrhayford said ... (05:25) : 

What are they drinking?..There's no sign of a pint in the photo!

 

Blogger rchrd said ... (07:46) : 

When I lived in London (1973 and '77) my regular pubs were The Lamb on Lamb's Conduit, and the Museum Tavern, opposite the BM. Also, Spaniards and Horse and Hounds in Hampstead, usually after a day's walk on the Heath.

There is nothing like a good London pub here in the States, and it's one of the things I miss the most. I'm sure pubs have changed a lot since then.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile