Wednesday, March 04, 2009

London's Vantage Points - Suicide Bridge

Shot with Olympus E520
This gorge was created inadvertently when the original road tunnel collapsed in the early 19th century; there has been a bridge here ever since.

The view across London is fantastic, but standing here it is hard not to be jostled by the spirits of the troubled souls who must have stood in exactly the same place before ending their lives. It is apparently one of the most frequented such places worldwide. Here is a picture looking down; I'm not inclined to provide links, if you want, just search for Suicide Bridge, London.


See where on the London Daily Photo Map
For the first 200 Map places, click here.

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "London's Vantage Points - Suicide Bridge"

 

Blogger mrhayford said ... (03:35) : 

Great minds think alike!..Check out my post on Suicide Bridge which I made several weeks ago...However, I must say that your photos are probably more crisp.
It amazes me how different people see the same objects in different ways...I know the bridge well--I lived for about 4 years on that road--Hornsey Lane, so I went over it almost every day.
What a sad place.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile