Monday, April 20, 2009

Ordinary Londoners - No 21 in a series

Shot with Olympus E520
This is Kate Garrett, an ordinary Londoner who has put themselves forward for election to my local council.

In my area, a councillor has recently died, precipitating an election this coming Thursday. Kate is the Lib Dem candidate and - for my money - the best candidate. I don't have any party political leanings, but their agenda is closer to what I think should happen than any of the others. The system doesn't work without decent, responsible people like Kate willing to put themselves forward, and it doesn't work if you don't vote. Whatever you do, whatever your politics, you really must join in if you have the opportunity to vote.

The Ordinary Londoner Series is here.

Labels:

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Ordinary Londoners - No 21 in a series"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile