Thursday, March 11, 2010

Coming soon, to an Internet near YOU

Shot with Olympus E620
The photo is from over a year ago, a sign of the changing High Streets across London, England and the world. Tonight I received a reminder that the Internet is far from immune. Bmycharity, an alternative (and better?) charity fundraising site are to close. Through this page, I raised over £700 for Breast Cancer Care from my ride last year (for teh record, my final mileage for the ride was about 150). You can be confident that any money donated up to 19th March will arrive at the nominated charity). Strange, but I feel a sense of loss. Now, I will have to go to the arrogant Justgiving or uber-brand Virgin to set up a page, and I didn't want to. (full announcement here)

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Coming soon, to an Internet near YOU"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile