Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Terraced Housing

Shot with Olympus E620
Terraced housing normally brings to mind red brick houses all in a line huddling together for protection. Not these, in Gloucester Terrace in Paddington. Although most are flats, the odd one or two are still single residences. A two bedroom flat will set you back a cool half million to over a million.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Terraced Housing"

 

Blogger Bully said ... (03:25) : 

Beautiful photo! I lived on Gloucester Terrace in student housing in 1983 and despite the shabbiness at the time of our accomodations, I came to love the place. We used to climb out on the ledge of the fifth floor windows and look down on Brook Mews and the White Hart (sadly gone) below us.

I wouldn't buy into London here if I did have a half million to a million...but I would wander down here and be nostalgic every now and then.

 

Blogger Northender said ... (08:58) : 

Hey, why not buy a couple and break through?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (14:00) : 

Hey I 'm am Aussie and lived in Gloucester terrace in 1975 and 1976 and drank at the White Hart. They were best years of my life

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile