Saturday, August 28, 2010

My London Workplaces - No 4

Shot with Olympus E620
A series of photos from the places I have worked over the years, allowing me to reminisce and chart the changes to London over the years.

Here we are in Golden Square, once the home to EMI, one of the mighty British companies of the sixties (who said, "Beatles"?). Flushed with their success and off the back of their chains of ABC Cinemas and Bingo Halls, they spread their wings into "leisure" - pubs, sports clubs, dance halls. Which meant that they needed accountants, which is where I came in. Living the dream, this was also when I lived in the West End (here). Thinking back, this is really the period when I found the heartbeat of London from which this blog descends.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "My London Workplaces - No 4"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile