Friday, August 27, 2010

My London Worlkplaces - No 3

Shot with Olympus E620
A series of photos from the places I have worked over the years, allowing me to reminisce and chart the changes to London over the years.

After these odd jobs, my first "real" job, not only that, but probably the grandest London location to work in, in Gresham Street just in front of the Guildhall. When I joined Cork Gully, the insolvency accountants, they owned the whole building (which didn't have the tasteless granite front) and Kenneth Cork was not yet the Lord Mayor of London (that was 1978). That was an organisation where standards meant something... typists had to retype a whole page if they made a single mistake, and English had to be perfect. Oh, and one of the (elderly) partners ran off with his secretary.
(I must take more care with my typing
I must take more care with my typing
I must take more care with my typing
I must take more care with my typing
I must take more care with my typing)

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "My London Worlkplaces - No 3"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile