Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I’m on the pavement Thinking about the government



A couple of days ago I showed a picture of a pump, and Nic pointed out I could have used the line "The pump don’t work ’Cause the vandals took the handles" from Bob Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues. That reminded me that I knew where that famous film - perhaps the first "Music Video" - had been shot. Coming from the time Bob Dylan was performing in London it is in the alley behind the Savoy Hotel. Hasn't changed too much, you can see the vid here (Sorry about the ad, Sony seem to have stamped on all of the Youtube versions)

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "I’m on the pavement Thinking about the government"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile