Monday, January 03, 2011

I'm on the top of the world....



Holiday snap time, I'm back. So this is at least half of why I enjoy skiing so much - the idea of climbing to the top of the world and throwing yourself off is somewhat strange, and the way that skis and snow give you the ability to range the mountains in ways you could never dream of otherwise is truly fantastic.

And, while I'm up there this song often plays through my mind, I can never escape the poignancy of the contrast between Karen Carpenter's amazing voice, the lyrics and the reality of her life. (For those unaware, the Wikipedia link)

Thanks all for dropping by while I was away, and thanks for all the messages. A very happy and healthy New Year to you all.

posted by Ham at 10:34 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "I'm on the top of the world...."

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile