Saturday, May 07, 2011

Brassed Off



If you keep polishing your handles for a hundred years or so, it will begin to look like this, almost abstract, version at the English National Opera

posted by Ham at 01:17 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Brassed Off"

 

Blogger Eva Flug said ... (21:36) : 

Nice shot. But isn't that verdigris?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (03:40) : 

@Eva - my thoughts too. But I also realize that this may be due to a careful polishing of just the raised surfaces, leaving the recesses to develop a patina. But the (lack of) definition has me leaning to a true "hand rubbed" shine over the years.

It's still a great picture.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (06:43) : 

It's pretty much as imajoebob says, as far as I can make out, a rub up and down with a cloth and polish is what it gets.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile