Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The West in the East



It is now only a few months away from the first of the Olympic site facilities opening - Westfield Shopping Centre in Stratford. And for those who thought that the Olympics would do nothing for the area, look at the 1,000,000 sq ft of office space in an area where you would only have found council offices a couple of short years ago.

(Photographic note: a lot of my pictures over the last days have been from my Samsung phone, this is the first where its shortcomings are painfully obvious)

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "The West in the East"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (03:59) : 

I'd read or heard about Westfield Shops any number of times, but until this picture (with the corporate logo) I hadn't a clue they were these Westfield Shops. We have at least three of them in Connecticut, and I think there was one in neighbouring Massachusetts until recently. And there's another in New Jersey on my way to my brother's. Global marketplace, indeed.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile