Thursday, June 16, 2011

Do The Funky Gibbons



Stanley Gibbons is one of those names that resounds with millions of people, back to the time when they were young and collected stamps. This London business is apparently the largest stamp business in the world. Up to now, I haven't shown them here because I just couldn't get a decent picture. But then, I noticed the crest - they are "By Appointment"! The Queen collects stamps!! What a wonderful picture that brings to mind - do you think she prefers the ones with her own picture on them? Does she specially collect those countries that used to have her picture on? Does she have a butler to lick the mounts? Can you see it, too?

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 4

Comments on "Do The Funky Gibbons"

 

Blogger Helen said ... (12:17) : 

I recall hearing that the stamp collection was started by George V and is supposed to be one of the best in the world.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (17:27) : 

"Royal Warrants" only last 5 years, so she had to conduct some sort of business with them since 2006, even if just maintain an open account.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (20:36) : 

You took a very good picture. I had no idea that this London business is the largest stamp business in the world. Thanks for the heads up.

man with van London

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (23:12) : 

Nice Post. This enter helped me in my school assignment. Thanks Alot

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile