Monday, June 20, 2011

Spraytastic!



This fountain in the grounds of St Thomas' Hospital is fascinating, I could probably sit watching it for hours. You are reminded of the Spirograph, too? OK.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Spraytastic!"

 

Blogger RedPat said ... (01:13) : 

Has to be one of the best fountains that I have ever seen! That is art!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (00:22) : 

With its office park look and location, it took me a while to realize that St Tom's was a hospital.

While I have great regard for Guys & St Thomas (my old catchment) and the NHS (consulted for them a few months), I'm astonished their Estates Division hasn't put these two complexes on the block. Developers paid almost £100M just to clear out tenants to build the Shard, imagine what they'd pay for this building - right on Southbank and opposite Parliament! (Guys is a great spot, too.) They'd be able to build a spectacular new facility on the other side of Waterloo Station and have an endowment to pay all the operating costs for 100 years.

But then we'd lose a lovely spot for an outdoor lunch.

 

Blogger Poshpinkellie said ... (12:32) : 

What an amazing thing! Excellant photo too! I'm gonna have to check this out next time I get to London :)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile