Saturday, June 18, 2011

Words Having Flown



There is an exhibit outside the Royal Festival Hall called the Lion & the Unicorn, in homage to a work in 1951. The poems of refugee children are written on the paper, and flying away. Do take the time to go and read some, if you can't make it down there, here is one: I Am The Song

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "Words Having Flown"

 

Blogger JosieRussell said ... (13:56) : 

That's so sad and so beautiful. I love that monuments to the different groups of migrants in London are springing up in the city (I was recently in Brixton and I love that the main square there is called Windrush Square).

I don't actually live in London (I travel there a lot on business and stay in one of the serviced apartments London has to offer, generally in the City) but every time I visit I'm struck by how the city has embraced its multicultural heritage.

 

Anonymous London Serviced Apartments said ... (08:23) : 

This is such a great resource that you are providing about London I enjoy seeing websites that understand the value of providing a resource for free.. I truly loved reading your post..

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile