Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Meaning of Sport



Half of the National Portrait Gallery Road to 2012 exhibition deals with the people behind the administration, half with the frontline athletes. The athletes have been photographed, together with a a person who inspires them. I wanted to show you this image of Anna Sharkey, playing Goalball. The eye shade blackouts are worn by all, allowing even partially sighted players to compete on an even footing (and possibly prepare for a time when they have no sight). I feel humble. If I had doubts before, I don't now - I am going to the paralympics.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "The Meaning of Sport"

 

Blogger PerthDailyPhoto said ... (02:33) : 

The paralympians are the most inspiring group of sportspeople ever, I watch in awe as they put everything into their sport and wonder how they keep positive. Enjoy the paralympics and look forward to seeing some pictures.

 

Blogger Lucas Kain said ... (08:36) : 

Wow. To be honest, I have never heard of paralympics before. But will surely check it out, sounds like something inhuman.

___
call USA

 

Blogger cara said ... (13:27) : 

Lucky you getting the guided tour. Fascinating.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile