Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Rock



I rather like the Christmas hat on the "We Will Rock You" figure in the Dominion, Tottenham Court Road. It's one of those shows I'd like to see, but never got around to.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Christmas Rock"

 

Blogger Mozette said ... (01:15) : 

Oh!!! What a great show it was! I remember when it hit Brisbane, Australia (the night we went), the audience was so tough, the poor people up on stage could have sworn it was a dress rehearsal! They even had planters in the audience; but to no avail!
Then, I couldn't stand it any longer! I got up when the lead tried to get us included in the rock-opera and yahooed and danced on my feet. I was the only one who did... and I had the whole audience staring at me.
My brother on my right smiled mumbling: "That my sister." and was darn proud of me. The lady on my left scrunched herself low into her seat turning bright red; hating me for doing it! Me? I'd it over again... most definitely!

After the show, I turned to find she was gone and her friend two seats down said I had embarrassed her and she couldn't stand being next to me any longer as I was 'being so uncouth'. So, I found her out at the bar and told her if she didn't like seeing a show like that maybe she should stay home next time... after all it's a rock-opera and not 'The Nutcracker'. Me? Uncouth? Nah.. this show was meant to be enjoyed on our feet! :D

 

Blogger Great said ... (12:04) : 

Hi Ham - is there any way of getting in touch with you? Would love to ask you something; I'm at rich@greatlittleplace.com

All the best,

Rich

 

Blogger Kira said ... (12:13) : 

hahaa yeah, I've seen that, too, a few days ago! I perfectly remember passing it and smiling...

 

Blogger Wayne said ... (18:00) : 

I gather this show has been running for ages. I haven't heard anything about it until now.

I once saw Canada's Rankin Family at the Dominion. That was a long while back.

 

Anonymous CornishCockney said ... (19:39) : 

Definitely on my list too. One day. :)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile