Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fit for Everyone



I'm sure they must exist in other places around the world, but the first time I saw this type of exercise machine for public use was in China. There, given the size of their homes and the population density it made perfect sense, and what is more they were used most of the time. I'm less convinced about this in London, but it seems like a good idea if people do use them.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Fit for Everyone"

 

Anonymous Mu said ... (12:58) : 

They have one of these in mile end park, right by where the roman road cuts through. Very heavily Adidas branded, but a very good idea in my eyes. Not sure why they aren't in more places.

 

Blogger Beth K. said ... (18:47) : 

Hello-I have just stumbled on your delightful blog--What a treat!! I have added you to my favorites-Beth

 

Anonymous Raj said ... (20:50) : 

There are several of these in Redbridge/Barking. Notably Mayesbrook Park(Adidas branded) and Southpark (yes its called that) in Ilford. Encouraging to see them used by all ages.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (15:55) : 

There is one in St Albans, also heavily branded.

I think it is these people - http://www.tgogc.com/

 

Anonymous JohnD said ... (19:09) : 

There is a delightful open air exercise park like this in Tarifa, Spain. It is on the edge of the Mediterranean. As you ride or swing you are looking across the Straight of Gibraltar.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile