Thursday, January 26, 2012

Metro-Land



John Betjeman, seen here in St Pancras Station, is associated in most people's mind with Metro-Land, the distillation of the suburbs made accessible byt he train. You can read more about Metro-Land here.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Metro-Land"

 

Blogger Mozette said ... (01:30) : 

Wow... how long has his statue been there? I've been to St Pancras Station, however, I've never seen him there... interesting little guy. :)

 

Anonymous imajoebob said ... (05:14) : 

I was much luckier. A few years back I lived in London and commuted to Beds & Herts. So I got to see all the Metro-Land area along the rails, but leave it behind for the beauty of London every night.

 

Blogger Helen said ... (13:39) : 

The statue has been there ever since St Pancras International opened. Betjeman was instrumental in saving the station from the threat of demolition. It is a wonderful sculpture. So much better than the huge incomprehensible giants not far from it.

 

Blogger Nat said ... (13:56) : 

I saw him last weekend, passing through St Pancras en route to Lille :-)

 

Anonymous Luxury Cars in Tenerife said ... (19:44) : 

It's a great sculture. Beatiful!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile